Friday, June 18, 2010

Introduction

This summer I have the exceptional opportunity, through a nascent program at Fordham University School of Law, of interning at the Mexican Supreme Court (la Suprema Corte de Justicia de la Nacion), and later at a prominent law firm in Mexico City. In a span of nine weeks, I will receive a crash course on the Mexican legal system, an insider´s perspective on the intricate machinery of the highest court in the land, and a chance to apply my legal skills in the fast-paced environment of one of Mexico´s largest law firms. There is a lot to be done in little time, and I am determined to squeeze as much as I can from these opportunities. This a blog will serve as a record of my progress and hopefully prove useful to those interested in the Mexican legal system-- hence the title of the blog, Mexican Justice/ Justicia Mexicana.

At the Supreme Court, my personal project, detailed in this blog, will consist of three objectives:
  1. Describing the Mexican federal judiciary system,
  2. observing and analyzing current cases before the court,
  3. and studying recent court decisions.
While I pursue these individual aims, I will also intersperse independent entries and commentaries on my experience in Mexico. I hope reading this blog will be as fun and informative as writing it has been.

Thank you,

Arthur Burkle

No comments:

Post a Comment